Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Apologies and Revolutions

I've just realized that I've been bitching at you all without properly introducing myself. Here is what I consider the most important aspects of my personality. 

I believe in the power of Marvel Comics. They're proof that the independent company can fight against the major monopoly and win. They stand on the principles of realism and characterization, going out of their way to prove that their heroes are real, have real problems and real flaws just like you and I. Spider-man is my favorite. 

I am a quiet person. I don't chase confrontation instinctively. However, I have trained myself not to back away from a fight. 

I write, and my characters live in my head; specifically my two major characters, Jessica and Dacey. They argue in my head. It's a long story. 

My favorite authors are John Fowles and Kurt Vonnegut. John because he admits that his characters drive the plot themselves, and he doesn't make them do things, and Kurt because he isn't afraid to address the serious with the funny.


I have slight to moderate compulsive tendencies as well as a ceaseless mind. I obsess, and I over-analyze to the point of insanity. Hence I have a blog. 


I like to consider myself intelligent, but the only real challenge I've ever had comes from Pointe and my misshapen feet. 


I'm addicted to sex. 

I use sex and music as "testing the waters" conversations. A person's opinions on one, the other, or both can really impact where they stand in my mind. 

I like stale cheetos.


I love listening to stories and talking to people. I will sacrifice almost anything that is already on my schedule for a good conversation. 


I never show my real emotions, and I never say everything that is on my mind. I have a permanent filter between me and the rest of the world because I don't know what is acceptable and I'm paralyzed by fear of screwing up. 


I don't understand social customs or interactions. 


I'm a terrible romantic. This doesn't mean I believe there is some prince charming waiting for me. Instead I just enjoy reveling in the beauty of the world, of poetry, of fiction, and I think that analysis, that picking that thing apart kills it, and I believe it should just be appreciated at all costs. 


I don't understand that people think differently than me. I know nothing different than that, and have a hard time comprehending something I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm did you steal this out of my head? Especially the social customs and sex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I stole it out of my head. Are you in there?

    ReplyDelete