Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sliding clothes and Revelations

I speak to myself like a slam poet. I don't know what it is, but the cadence of my internal voice has taken on something that should be confined to a late night coffee house.


But I digress.

Why is it that whenever a woman's shoulder strap falls down, it says more than her flashing bare breasts about? Just that one hardware dazzled piece of fabric, a mere three inches from where it's supposed to be, and magic happens. Whether it's the subtle sexiness of that woman that you admire being comfortable or concentrated on what she's doing, or it's a deliberate moment, slid down by a careful finger.

Oh look! A creative segue into my next topic of conversation!

Being a sex symbol.


Oh I know you think I'm being cocky now. But while I might not be on par with Jessica Alba or Pamela Anderson, I seem to attract large amounts of males who want to have sex with me. It's disturbing, and it's annoying. Do I emit some pheromone that says, "I don't really want any sort of real emotional relationship, I just want you to do me. Really. Who would ever want a rational, intelligent connection with someone? Screw that just screw me." What person could possibly ever say that?


Granted, I have wanted that at one time or another. When you just get out of a relationship and you're hurting, you don't really want to replace that person with another person who is going to do the same things, remind you of all the good times you had and make you run screaming to the freezer with your wooden spoon to watch The Notebook over and over again. It's not healthy.


But there comes a time, after a natural period of healing, that I would like to get back to actually finding a connection. God damnit, I sound like a pitiful online dating ad. This entire blog has become one of me wordvomiting onto the page my shitty emotional feelings. Oh well.


I just would like to enter into a situation where someone went, "You know what, I don't immediately think about having sex with her every time I see her." not "I just want to be your friend, but it would be GREAT if I could slake my sexual frustration with you. Are you game?" Or even better, "I don't even really like you as a person, but you're fucking hot, so I pretend to like you so I can get to third base repeatedly."


Surely I'm not the only damn person on the planet that wants this. Surely I'm not so inhumanly twisted, so flawed in my personality that I can't manage to find and/or keep one of these people.


But maybe I am.


Days wasted searching
for gold stars faded on
too-small clothes.
Just a bit more skin
to paint my canvas of
happiness.


You know all the
lyrics to every
Beatles song written, and
I'm always amazed at
the way you twist
words in ways
I wasn't expecting
and try vainly to
imitate.

But I'm not your
white picket fence
no "Honey I'm Home"
and kiss on the cheek.

I'm your, "Hey do you
do this?" and "Are you
clean? I don't do
crotch rot."

Is it so bad to want
that hug when I
come home and
can't help but cry?
I  know it's
Guy's Night,
Poker and Cigar Smoke
that I lie about hating.

Just a phone call to
cancel plans, ignoring
the jeers and the imitated crack
sounds.
Just to sit on the couch,
without plans of
getting naked later.

Tired of sewing my soul
into bone-lined
corset tops
involuntarily.
Could someone just be
that robe waiting at the
end of the night,
to cover that flesh
it seems everyone's
seen?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good poem :) I like how very forward you are, no caramel-coated anything. Keep doing it!

    I loved your Notebook reference. I've never watched that movie, but now I'm not watching it at all unless it's completely free and won't make me waste electricity at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say your labels are like the perfectly placed exclaimation point at the end of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, well thank you. I think I actually put labels on there before I wrote the blog or the poem...I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete