Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mistakes and Nostalgia

Once again, I seem to have spoken too soon. Reading my last blog brings forth a taste of misjudgment my mouth that I only wish upon each politician on Capitol Hill. I'll have you know that I did not intend for this blog to be a pathetic documentation of my even more pathetic person life, but such things cannot be avoided. 

I have once again rendered a personal relationship with someone to nothing more than some "crappy sex" and someone to give me sweet little kisses. I say crappy sex because of an episode of Bones I watched yesterday. 

"Here we are, all of us, basically alone, separate creatures, just circling each other, all searching for that slightest hint of a real connection. Some look in the wrong places, some they just give up hope because in their mind they're thinking "Oh there's nobody out there for me," but all of us, we keep trying over and over again. Why? Because every once in a while... every once in a while, two people meet and there's that spark, and yes, Bones, he's handsome and she's beautiful and maybe that's all they see at first, but making love... making love... that's when two people become one."

Perhaps it's the romantic in me, but I absolutely love that. Damnit, he's right and damnit, I'm going to keep looking. But the fact remains that I sure as hell haven't found it yet. And it's certainly not lovely army boy, who is adorable, but musn't be allowed to believe that I'm that person for him. 

So think of this as a retraction. An elimination of the stupid conclusions I jumped to in my previous post. I hate it when I put the well-painted cart before the aged horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment